About people powered politics:
- Imagine a political system that puts people first.
- Imagine an economy that gives everyone their fair share.
- Imagine a society capable of supporting everyone’s needs.
- Imagine a planet protected from the threat of climate change now and for the generations to come.
That’s the world Jonathan wants to help create and he believes that we have the means to do it:
- By ensuring that everyone has access to a secure job that pays at least the Living Wage we will build an economy that works for the common good, not just the privileged few.
- By restoring public services to public hands we will ensure they are run in the interests of the people that use them.
- By investing in renewable energy and reducing our reliance on fossil fuels, we will build a stable and sustainable society that protects our planet from climate change.
- By building more social rented homes and bringing abandoned buildings back into use we will ensure that everyone has a secure and affordable place to live.
In Wellingborough and Rushden he is campaigning:
- To stop building on green field sites and believes that Northampton, Wellingborough and Rushden will soon become one urban conurbation if not stopped.
- To maintain and improve, not cut our police fire, health and care services to reduce crime, speeding and to better our care and emergency health provision.
- To improve air quality and council maintenance services. The Green Party is monitoring our air quality and carrying out litter picks across Northamptonshire; if elected Jonathan would introduce schemes to improve the environment in Wellingborough and Rushden.
- To protect the area’s trees and plant new ones.
- For investment in renewable energy sources, starting with putting solar panels on publicly owned buildings. He supports local wind farms and he has helped the New Albion Wind Farm and Burton Wold extensions to be approved.
- To end all radioactive waste dumping at Kingscliffe, to kill off nuclear energy, and to stop the new Trident replacements.
- To see the hunting ban extended to include all bloodsports and get the ban enforced; he is very concerned that the Conservatives will totally scrap the ban.
- To raise the profile of and to promote local businesses, services, charities, public transport and cycling schemes.
- To help and support local people in making Wellingborough and Rushden safer, cleaner and greener.
For the latest updates on Jonathan and his work see his blog.